Registration for the BozeNICA Team has closed for the 2019 season. Stay tuned for information and changes for 2020.
Cost for the program (2019):
- $175 Bozeman Youth Cycling Program Fee**
- $50 NICA National fee
- $45 Montana League fee
- $25/$35 (middle school/high school) optional race entry fee (per race)
**Full and partial scholarships are available thanks to our generous sponsors! Please visit our scholarship page. In addition, we continue to seek additional sponsors and donations that might enable us to lower this fee before registration begins. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or making a tax-deductible financial contribution to Bozeman Youth Cycling, please contact us!
Spring and Practice Schedule (2019)
April 4, 2019: Parent/Athlete Information Night. Thanks to all who attended. CLICK HERE TO VIEW PDF OF PRESENTATION POWER POINT.
April 24, 2019: BYC Inner Team Bike Swap at Owenhouse Cycling @ 5:30pm
May 20, 2019: Registration for the BozeNICA Team closes.
May/June 2019: Pre-season events (these are HIGHLY encouraged to attend!):
- Tuesday, May 28 @ 5:30 – 7pm – Student-Athlete Team Meeting (Parks and Rec Building on Bridger Dr), no bike needed.
- Saturday, June 8 @10am – 4pm – Bake Sale and NICA Team Water Bottle Sale at Copper City – sign-up for a short shift and then go ride with your family (no team or coaches riding today)!
- Tuesday, June 11 @ 4:30 – 6:30pm – Bike Check and Fit at the Lindley Center with a skills short-course. Get your bike checked by a professional mechanic and remember how much we like to bike!
- Thursday, June 13 @ 9:30 – 11am – Skills clinic and team building at Lindley Center
- Monday, June 17 @ 9:30 – 11am – Skills clinic and team building at the Pump Track on West Oak St (in Regional Park)
- Thursday, June 20 @ 9:30 – 11am – Skills clinic and team building – Lindley Center
- Saturday, June 29 @ 10am – 4pm – Bake Sale and NICA Team Water Bottle Sale at Copper City – sign-up for a short shift and then go ride with your family (no team or coaches riding today)!
July – August 2019: BozeNICA Team practices will take place three days per week, per the following schedule:
- Monday 9 a.m. – 10:30/11 a.m. – in town, Sunset Hills (Lindley)/Highland Glen/Painted Hills/Triple Tree trails
- Thursday 5:15 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. – Crosscut Mountain Sports Center
- Saturday 9 a.m. – 10:30/11 a.m. – mixed locations, some out of town (Copper City, Big Sky, Lewis & Clark State Park, Homestake Lodge, etc.)
We realize that not every participant will make every practice – and that’s okay! Come when you can!
BozeNICA is committed to creating a sense of community and excitement around mountain biking. One of the ways we accomplish this is by asking you, the parents, to be involved! There are volunteer opportunities for everyone: we need lots of parents willing to ride with groups at practice (and, no, you don’t need to be an expert!) but we also need parents to help with carpooling, team communications, travel and food logistics for races, and much, much more.
BozeNICA is all about having fun, teaching skills, enhancing fitness, and building confidence on the bike. We believe cycling has the added ability to instill skills that will benefit students well into their adult lives, whether a rider races or remains a recreational cyclist, and we want students to first and foremost discover those life skills.
Many of our participants may want to try racing or strengthen their love for cycling by racing. The newly-formed Montana NICA League will be hosting four races this fall, two of which are right here in the Gallatin Valley! These races promise to be fun, community-building events, as well a chance to meet youth riders from around the state. However, racing is optional and nobody will be pressured to race.