The registration period for the Bozeman NICA Team will be Sunday, April 26th through Friday, May 8th. Register anytime within this window (NO late registrations will be allowed!).
Bozeman NICA Team Fees (2020):
- $200 Bozeman NICA Team Program Fee (required)
- $67.50 NICA National fee (required)
- $45 Montana NICA League fee (required)
- $25/$35 (middle school/high school) optional race entry fee (per race)
**Full and partial scholarships are available thanks to our generous sponsors! Please visit our scholarship page. In addition, we continue to seek additional sponsors and donations that enable us to financially support the team. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor or making a tax-deductible financial contribution to Bozeman Youth Cycling and the Bozeman NICA Team, please contact us!
Spring and Practice Schedule (2020)
April 26, 2020: Registration for the Bozeman NICA Team opens
May 1, 2020: BYC Inner Team Bike Swap at Owenhouse Cycling
May 8, 2020: Registration for the Bozeman NICA Team closes (there will be NO late additions to registration).
May/June 2020: Pre-season events (these are HIGHLY encouraged to attend!):
- May 13th – Student-Athlete and Parent Info Meeting (no bikes needed).
- TBD – Bike Check and Helmet Fit at the Lindley Center with a skills short-course. You must have your bike and helmet checked-out prior to the riding season.
- TBD – Skills clinic and team building
July/August 2020: Bozeman NICA Team practices will take place 2 to 3 days per week, per the following schedule:
- Monday 5:15pm to 7:15pm – Crosscut Mountain Sports Center
- Wednesday 9am to 11am – in town, Sunset Hills (Lindley)/Highland Glen/Painted Hills/Triple Tree trails
- Friday 4pm to 5:30pm – every other week ONLY, mixed locations (typically Crosscut or in-town) **please note, we will cancel some Friday practices and reschedule these for Saturday mornings at Copper City**
September/October 2020: Bozeman NICA Team practices will continue to take place 1-2 days per week during September and part of October!
- Tuesday 4:00pm to 5:30pm – town trails
- Thursday 4:00pm to 5:30pm – town trails
We realize that not every participant will make every practice – and that’s okay!
Come when you can!
Please see our full summer season calendar HERE.
The Bozeman NICA Team is committed to creating a sense of community and excitement around mountain biking. One of the ways we accomplish this is by asking you, the parents, to be involved! There are volunteer opportunities for everyone: we need lots of parents willing to ride with groups at practice (and, no, you don’t need to be an expert!) but we also need parents to help with carpooling, team communications, fundraising, travel and food logistics for races, and much, much more. Please reach out to get involved – WE NEED YOU!
The Bozeman NICA Team is all about having fun, teaching skills, enhancing fitness, and building confidence on the bike. We believe cycling has the added ability to instill skills that will benefit students well into their adult lives, whether a rider races or remains a recreational cyclist, and we want students to first and foremost discover those life skills.
Many of our participants may want to try racing or strengthen their love for cycling by racing. The newly-formed Montana NICA League will be hosting five races this fall, two of which are right here in the Gallatin Valley! As we know from last season – these races are guaranteed to be fun, community-building events, as well a chance to meet youth riders from around the state. However, racing is optional and nobody will be pressured to race.