To accommodate all interested riders, NICA relies on volunteers. This is where you come in! Our Bozeman team will have a Head Coach, two Assistant Coaches, and a lot of parent and community volunteer support. While there are many, many ways for parents to help, the most pressing need is for parents who are able to ride along with kids during practices. In order to volunteer in this capacity, there are two possible levels of certification required:
- Level 1 Certification: This easiest and least time consuming level of certification allows volunteers to ride along with a group when there is a Level 2 or higher coach present. It entails less than 2 hours of online training (background check, concussion training, NICA philosophy, etc) and an investment of about $80. We will need to invite all interested to sign-up and complete their Level 1 training.
- Level 2 Certification: This level of certification allows to you be a ride leader and enables us to split up into smaller groups. It includes Level 1 training, as well as additional online training and NICA On-The-Bike training. You can get your Level 2 by attending the Montana League Leaders’ Summit in Missoula April 25-26. In addition to getting certified, this is a fantastic opportunity to learn more, get excited about NICA philosophy and culture, and be trained by inspiring experts from NICA National and the Montana NICA League.
Please contact us (BozemanNICATeam@gmail.com) if you are interested in either of these certification levels or have questions.
Not a rider? No problem! We have plenty of other ways for you to be involved. Here are some possible roles, but we’re open to suggestions that may take advantage of your particular talent!
- Managing TeamReach – our team management app
- Fundraising – help kids create and manage fundraising events like bike washes, selling team gear, etc.
- Food and meal coordination for races
- Equipment/team tent coordination for races
- Social director – organize non-riding social events, including but not limited to an end-of-season celebration
If you are interested in getting involved with any of the above-listed activities, or have ideas about other ways you’d like to contribute, please email us!